How to remove blackheads
Blackheads are inconvenient at best, but there are measures you can take to prevent them from appearing. Follow our comprehensive list of tips and tricks and fight blocked pores that cause blackheads.
- Start by making sure you cleanse your face thoroughly but gently, to regulate the sebum production which will reduce the oiliness of the skin.
- Throughout the day, try to reduce the amount of times you touch your face, and hydrate with lots of water consumption. Repeat the cleansing at night and use a light or gel form moisturiser.
- It is also recommended to use a mattify mask or clay based wash a couple times a week to help reduce likelihood of more blackheads occurring. Try the 3-in-1 clay wash as well.
How to avoid and remove blackheads
1. Cleansing thoroughly but gently
Cleansing oily skin is particularly important for removing blackheads effectively by preventing impurities from soaking into your skin and clogging your pores.
2. Applying a face mask
Regular face masks help remove oil and dead skin cells to prevent blackheads from appearing in the first place. Try NIVEA's 3-In-1 Urban Skin Detox Claywash as a cleanser, face mask and face scrub.
The formula is enriched with with Black Rice, Green Tea Extracts & Natural Clay which reduces spot causing bacteria.
A well-known ingredient for detoxifying and gentle exfoliation properties, Black Rice has been used for centuries, originating in Asia.
The formula is enriched with green tea extract, which has long been appreciated for its detoxifying and antioxidant effects for the body and skin.
Absorbing fine dust particles inside the pores, clay also reduces spot-causing bacteria.
3. Exfoliating with a face scrub
Exfoliating once or twice a week will help to gently remove the build up of dead skin cells that block your pores and cause breakouts. Exfoliating encourages the skin renewal process and makes way for healthy cells to shine through.
4. Using an antibacterial cover-up stick
Consider using mineral makeup, a cover-up stick or face powder with an antiseptic effect to cover up any blackheads or pimples. These options are less likely to block your pores and are a better option for your skin than conventional makeup.
5. Having professional cosmetic treatment
In a cosmetic studio, an experienced expert can help you get rid of blackheads by:
- Steaming your face to open up your pores
- Manually removing your blackheads
- Disinfecting, toning and moisturising your skin
- You’ll be amazed at how much a professional can help you improve your skin’s appearance!
6. Adjusting your lifestyle
Consider adjusting your diet and lifestyle habits to contain more healthy fats, vitamins and minerals to protect your skin from damage. Remember to drink plenty of water too. There are lots of reasons for blackheads on the skin and adjusting your diet can seriously help your body inside and out!
Always read the label. Follow the directions for use.