WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN BODY LOTION AND BODY OIL
How they work:
- Body Lotions: Body Lotions are designed to penetrate the skin. Once absorbed, the active ingredients like Vitamin E, CoEnzyme Q10 and Creatine work to soothe, hydrate and rejuvenate the upper layers of your skin.
- Body Oils: Body Oils, on the other hand, primarily nourishes your skin's outer protective barrier. They do an excellent job of preventing moisture from leaving your skin.
How they're made:
- Body Lotions: Body Lotions are a blend of water, oil and a waxy substance called an emulsifier.
- Body Oils: The majority of Body Oils are made with primarily oil.
What do they feel like:
- Body Lotions: Body Lotions are likely to be thicker than oils and can be applied directly on the skin.
- Body Oils: Unexpectedly, Body Oils do not leave your skin feeling greasy, instead are designed to absorb quickly.
Who are they made for:
- Body Lotions: Body Lotions can have very different formulations, making different products suitable for different skin types.
- Body Oils: Body Oil’s secret is their potency. This concentration making them particularly suitable for skin which is dry to very dry.
Choosing the best option:
If you’re still on the fence about whether body oil or lotion is best for you, why not give both a go? Adding a few drops of body oil to your favourite body lotion before applying can give your skin a great hydration boost.
Nivea products to give your skin a great hydration boost
Always read the label. Follow the directions for use.