As much of a pain as it can be, it really is crucial to remove all your eye make-up at the end of the day. A good make-up remover is the first step in maintaining your beautiful skin. Leaving it on can lead to irritation, blemishes, or simply a congealed mess that requires more cleansing in the morning – of both your face and your pillow case.
There are plenty of different kinds of remover for your eye makeup, ranging from complex regimes to on-the-go products.
- Oil free eye make up removers
- Waterproof make up removers
- Single-use cleansing wipes
The majority of makeup removers for the eyes are oil-based, but there are some oil-free versions for people with more sensitive skin. Chamomile, olive oil and some types of milk are popular ingredients for nourishment.
The quest for your ideal eye makeup remover can feel like a long road of trial and error - This one’s too oily. That one’s too watery. This one doesn’t work on waterproof mascara… So, let’s take a look at what you expect from your eye makeup remover and where you can find it.
The two most important things for a product that removes eye makeup are:
- Easily removes all eye makeup
- Doesn’t irritate your eyes or skin It should only take two or three gentle, thorough wipes to completely remove eye makeup. That should take away all traces and not leave any smudges. If you need to work harder than that, you have not found the best makeup remover.