What is normal anyway?
Maintain your skin’s natural protective barrier
The skin’s natural protective barrier
The upper layer of skin acts as a protective barrier against environmental influences and prevents moisture evaporating from the skin. The protective acid mantle is initially formed by the body’s own lipids. The sound lipid structure ensures sufficient moisture and makes the skin look healthy and radiant. With a sound protective acid mantle the skin is also protected from damaging micro-organisms, infections, irritations and allergies. So that normal skin does not develop into dry or sensitive skin, the balance of moisture and lipids must be kept in balance. By having a consistent beauty routine, you support your skin and help it to stay healthy, resistant and elastic for a long time.
What is behind a pH level?
A pH level is the measurement of the concentration of acids in liquids. As our skin consists largely of water, it has its own pH level.
Our skin is slightly acidic as a result of the combination of the skin’s own substances such as sebum, sweat and water. The pH level plays an important role in correct skin care: the protective acid mantel has an average pH level of 5.5.
By contrast, normal soap has a much higher pH level – so the skin’s pH level is raised when cleansing. Only healthy and normal skin manages to reduce the pH to its natural level in a short amount of time.
Face care for normal skin
- Normal skin must also be thoroughly cleansed every morning and evening. It does not need extremely gentle cleansers but if you want to be on the safe side, use a cleansing milk or a toner with Vitamin E and Hydra IQ. NIVEA’s Refreshing Cleansing Milk with vitamin E cleanses intensively and even removes make-up and waterproof mascara.
- If you have normal skin, use an exfoliating wash once a week. The abrasive particles in the scrub remove dead skin flakes.
- Moisturiser with vitamin E and sun protection factor protects normal skin from environmental influences and prevents premature ageing.
- Try NIVEA Creme, which moisturises intensively without feeling greasy. You can use NIVEA Care on your face and body, by the way.
- Normal skin needs intensive levels of moistures so that it remains fresh and pleasantly smooth throughout the whole day.