FIND THE BEST EYE MAKE-UP REMOVER
As much of a pain as it can be, it really is crucial to remove all your eye make-up at the end of the day. A good make-up remover is the first step in maintaining your beautiful skin. Leaving it on can lead to irritation, blemishes, or simply a congealed mess that requires more cleansing in the morning – of both your face and your pillow case.
There are plenty of different kinds of remover for your eye makeup, ranging from complex regimes to on-the-go products.
- Oil free eye make up removers
- Waterproof make up removers
- Single-use cleansing wipes
The majority of make-up removers for the eyes are oil-based, but there are some oil-free versions for people with more sensitive skin. Chamomile, olive oil and some types of milk are popular ingredients for nourishment.
WHAT TO LOOK FOR IN AN EYE MAKEUP REMOVER
The quest for your ideal eye make-up remover can feel like a long road of trial and error - This one’s too oily. That one’s too watery. This one doesn’t work on waterproof mascara… So, let’s take a look at what you expect from your eye make-up remover and where you can find it.
The two most important things for a product that removes eye make-up are:
1. Easily removes all eye make-up
2. Doesn’t irritate your eyes or skin It should only take two or three gentle, thorough wipes to completely remove eye make-up. That should take away all traces and not leave any smudges. If you need to work harder than that, you have not found the best make-up remover.
For sensitive skin
If you are concerned about over-working the eye area and contributing towards dryness or wrinkles, try NIVEA Extra Gentle Eye Make-up Remover. The light, formula will effectively remove eye make-up, without causing irritation.
For dry skin
When you’re looking for a solution that offers cleansing and hydration, try NIVEA Double Effect Eye Make-up Remover. One with cornflower extract and a bi-phase formula, it will instantly remove all traces of waterproof mascara without rubbing.
For dry and sensitive skin
NIVEA's Fragrance Free facial Cleaning Wipes enriched with Vitamin E and Pro-Vitamin B5 will remove all eye make-up effortlessly, while hydrating and nourishing the delicate skin around the eyes.
When you’re on the go…
HOW TO USE YOUR EYE MAKEUP REMOVER
Dampen a cotton ball with your chosen eye makeup remover.
- Hold the cotton ball over your closed eyelid for a few seconds to loosen makeup.
- Use a couple of gentle, outward strokes to remove the makeup from the upper lid and lashes.
- Gently roll a new cotton ball under the lashes to remove the remaining makeup.
- Repeat until the cotton comes up clean.
Once all traces of makeup have been removed, you can moisturise your eyes with a nourishing, rejuvenation eye cream. Use your ring finger to very gently blend it in, between the cheekbone and the under eye.
Always read the label. Follow the directions for use.