As much of a pain as it can be, it really is crucial to remove all your eye make-up at the end of the day. A good make-up remover is the first step in maintaining your beautiful skin. Leaving it on can lead to irritation, blemishes, or simply a congealed mess that requires more cleansing in the morning – of both your face and your pillow case.
There are plenty of different kinds of remover for your eye makeup, ranging from complex regimes to on-the-go products.
- Oil free eye make up removers
- Waterproof make up removers
- Single-use cleansing wipes
The majority of makeup removers for the eyes are oil-based, but there are some oil-free versions for people with more sensitive skin. Chamomile, olive oil and some types of milk are popular ingredients for nourishment.
The quest for your ideal eye makeup remover can feel like a long road of trial and error - This one’s too oily. That one’s too watery. This one doesn’t work on waterproof mascara… So, let’s take a look at what you expect from your eye makeup remover and where you can find it.
The two most important things for a product that removes eye makeup are:
- Easily removes all eye makeup
- Doesn’t irritate your eyes or skin It should only take two or three gentle, thorough wipes to completely remove eye makeup. That should take away all traces and not leave any smudges. If you need to work harder than that, you have not found the best makeup remover.
The Best Eye Makeup Remover
For sensitive skin
If you are concerned about over-working the eye area and contributing towards dryness or wrinkles, try NIVEA Extra Gentle Eye Make-up Remover. The light, formula will effectively remove eye make-up, without causing irritation.
For dry skin
When you’re looking for a solution that offers cleansing and hydration, try NIVEA Double Effect Eye Make-up Remover. One with cornflower extract and a bi-phase formula, it will instantly remove all traces of waterproof mascara without rubbing.
For dry and sensitive skin
NIVEA's Fragrance Free facial Cleaning Wipes enriched with Vitamin E and Pro-Vitamin B5 will remove all eye make-up effortlessly, while hydrating and nourishing the delicate skin around the eyes.
HOW TO USE YOUR EYE MAKEUP REMOVER
The first thing to remember when you’re learning how to remove eye makeup is: be gentle. Your eyes are the most delicate area of your face – especially the skin around your eye.
There are a few simple steps to eye makeup removal:
- Firstly, remember to use a fresh cotton pad or wipe as soon as the one you’re using becomes dirty.
- Dampen a cotton ball with your chosen eye makeup remover.
- Begin with your eyelids: Hold the cotton ball over your closed eyelid for a few seconds to loosen makeup and use a couple of gentle, outward strokes to remove the makeup from the upper lid and lashes.
- Move onto your eyelashes: Gently roll a new cotton ball under the lashes to remove the remaining makeup. Repeat until the cotton comes up clean.
- Finish by cleansing and moisturising. Once you’ve removed all your makeup, gently cleanse your face and finish up with a regenerative night cream and rejuvenating eye cream. Use your ring finger to very gently blend it in, between the cheekbone and the under eye.
- If you’re in a rush or on the go, you can gently wipe away your makeup with some handy makeup removal wipes. Pure facial cleansing wipes with Vitamin E & Pro-vitamin B or NIVEA 3 in 1 Gentle Cleansing Wipes with an especially mild formula for dry sensitive skin are especially gentle on skin and the delicate eye area.
Always read the label. Follow the directions for use.