HAIR REMOVAL METHODS: WHICH ONE IS RIGHT FOR YOU?
- If you are looking for a thorough hair removal method that doesn’t hurt or take up a lot of time, you should choose the classic wet razor method. However, the hairs that are shaved off with a razor directly on the surface of the skin grow back again within 1-3 days.
- Some women prefer an electric razor to remove their unwanted hair. Its shaving heads glide gently over the skin and cut the hair directly on the surface of the skin. This works simply and quickly, but has to be repeated after only 1-3 days.
- Do you want to have smooth legs and armpits quickly but are worried about hurting yourself with razor blades? Then you should try out hair removal creams. Hair removal creams work with ingredients that dissolve keratin, causing the hair to disintegrate quickly and completely without pain. To remove the hair, apply the cream to the areas of the body you wish to treat and leave it for approximately 10 minutes or the amount of time stated on the package. Then the cream and the hair can be simply removed with a spatula. The hair grows back after 5-7 days, but somewhat softer than before. Take care if you have sensitive skin, if it is wounded or if you have sunburn! Our tip: test your tolerance first on an inconspicuous area of your body, such as the crook of your arm.
- For those who dream of having smooth legs for weeks, don’t mind some pain and don’t have sensitive skin, an electric epilator is a good choice.
- For smooth skin lasting 1-2 months, we recommend waxing. Hot and cold wax kits are available as home treatments if you feel confident doing this yourself or there are plenty of salons if you would rather turn to a professional!
- If you want to remove your body hair permanently then you could consider laser treatment. This involves light impulses penetrating deep into the skin, heating the root of the hair and destroying it. The skin and tissue are not damaged in the process. This type of treatment should of course only be carried out by an experienced professional or dermatologist.
Hair Removal Tips for Shaving, Epilation and Waxing
Our tip for epilation and waxing: these work best when the skin is dry and free of oil. So do not apply cream for 24 hours in advance on the areas of the skin that you wish to epilate.
SKIN CARE FOLLOWING HAIR REMOVAL
Before: for best results, skin should be dry and free of oil
Afterwards: the skin needs extra care
MORE TIPS FOR HAIR REMOVAL
- Frequently removing the hair stresses the skin and it removes moisture and oil.
- It is important to apply a good layer of cream to the skin after hair removal. Our tip: choose a body lotion that contains soothing ingredients like Shea Butter – such as NIVEA Irresistibly Smooth Body Lotion or containing Panthenol like NIVEA Irresistibly Smooth Body Lotion
- The skin is particularly delicate in the armpits and dries out quickly or begins to itch as a result. If this is the case for you, look for a deodorant which is soothing, such as NIVEA Sensitive Protect Roll-On Deodorant with avocado extracts and Chamomile to protect the skin from irritation.
- In-grown hairs are unpleasant but unfortunately a frequent consequence of hair removal. Exfoliating regularly prevents dead skin cells from blocking the hair shaft and allows the new hair to grow.
Always read the label. Follow the directions for use.