There are so many benefits to using face serum in your routine as long as it’s being applied correctly. There are many examples of how to structure a skincare routine and where serums fit into this. The most common of these routines is:
1. Evening Routine: Makeup Removal: The first step of an evening routine is without a doubt makeup removal! Whether you’re a wipes or micellar user, makeup removal is the first step in maintaining your beautiful skin. Leaving it on can lead to irritation, blemishes, or simply a mess that requires more attention in the morning.
2. Cleanse: Washing your face every morning and evening with a gentle cleanser helps to remove any residual makeup, sweat and daily impurities from your skin. This leaves you with a clear base to apply other products and a fresh feeling.
3. Serum: Here we are! Now you can see where serums fit in your routine, the next most common question is how many drops of serum should I use? Two drops or pumps of your serum, about a pea sized amount, is all you need for great results – you can put too much serum on your face so stick to the two drop method. Apply in upwards motions all over your face and neck to get the benefits of your serum all over.
4. Moisturise: After letting the serum absorb into your skin, a moisturiser is key to locking everything in place whilst protecting and hydrating the skin’s outer layers.
5. Morning Routine - SPF: If this is your morning routine, it is so important to follow up moisturiser with SPF. A facial sunscreen will help protect your skin from the harsh sun and its effects.