- Genetics - Dry skin can be inherited. Depending on your genetics, your sebum production and moisture regulation maybe disrupted causing dry skin.
- Weather - Cold, heat, wind and dry heated air removes moisture and attacks natural protective barriers of the skin. Apply a moisturiser daily to help protect your skin.
- Hot Water - Changes in temperature can strip moisture from the skin. So make sure your showers are not too hot!
- Stress - Stress and mental strain effects our hormones, which can upset our body’s moisture balance and oil production.
- Skin Care - There are lots of products can be harsh on our skin’s moisture balance and cause dry skin (e.g. soap-based shower gels). Use these products sparingly, or try to use rehydrating cleansing products instead.
Now you know the cause of your dry skin, you probably want to find out how to restore your skin’s natural moisture balance. Find out by reading through our remedies for dry skin.