MAKE YOUR OWN FACE MASK: DIY RECIPES
Multimasking: recipes for every area of your face
Reduced fat quark and honey for the T-zone
Avocado mask to prevent dry cheeks
Coffee and coconut oil for a refreshing eye mask
HOW TO MAKE A DIY FACE MASK
The correct way to apply a facial mask
- First tie your hair back and wear clothes you don’t mind getting stained.
- Cleanse your face and gently pat it dry with a soft towel.
- Apply the mask with clean hands, gently patting it on to the face.
- Avoid the delicate eye area, but don’t forget about the neck.
- Place two slices of cucumber on your eyes to help you relax.
- Sit back and let the mask work its magic for 15-20 minutes.
5 BENEFITS OF FACE MASKS
5 ways in which facial masks benefit the skin
- By coating the skin, it’s easier for active ingredients to penetrate.
- Removing dead skin cells and oil from the pores.
- Increasing hydration for a more youthful appearance.
- Reducing hyper-pigmentation for a more even skin tone.
- Special formulations to heal and repair damaged skin.
THE RIGHT MASK FOR EVERY ZONE
Multimasking: Which zone of the face needs what?
Pay attention to the application time
How to make an oatmeal face mask
What is so special about oatmeal?
Sensitive skin can often really benefit from the anti-inflammatory properties of oats, and they can even be a natural soother for sunburn. Try this versatile face mask with oatmeal for a rejuvenated complexion:
- Grind your oatmeal: Blend four tablespoons of rolled oats in your food processor until they are in powder form.
- Add honey: Add one tablespoon of honey to the oats and mix it through.
- Add one egg yolk: Egg yolks are a fantastic source of Vitamin D, which helps to slow down the aging process. First discard the egg white, before adding the yolk into the face mask mixture. Break the yolk and mix it in with the other ingredients to form a paste.
- Apply to the face: Now simply apply the homemade mask to your face, avoiding the delicate eye area, and leave it for up to 15 minutes, before washing off.
HOW TO SPOIL YOURSELF WITH A FACIAL MASSAGE
After removing your natural face mask, complete the final stage in your pampering evening. Follow this easy four-step facial massage and rejuvenate your skin while you sleep:
- Using gentle but firm pressure, smooth your favourite moisturiser over your face.
- Start from your nose, move up between your eyebrows, around your hairline and down the sides of your face.
- Keeping your face relaxed massage your forehead and temples in small circular motions using your two index fingers for about 30 seconds.
- Slowly stroke from down one side of your jaw to your chin and back up the other side. Repeat this five times
- Using one hand then the other, run your fingers from the base of your neck up to your chin. Repeat this five times
Watch our video below for more details on massage techniques using moisturiser.
Always read the label. Follow the directions for use.