HOW TO MAKE A DIY FACE MASK
Whipping up a natural face mask is a piece of cake and a quick way to help blemished skin. Try one of our face mask recipes for yourself:
Medicinal clay face mask
- Mix three teaspoons of medicinal clay with around 100 ml water or cooled chamomile tea
- Spread this paste on your face and leave it to dry for about 15 minutes
- Rinse the face mask off with lukewarm water
Medicinal clay helps to refine your pores while chamomile naturally inhibits inflammation surrounding blemishes.
Cooling apple, honey and yoghurt face mask
- Mix three tablespoons of yoghurt with one teaspoon of honey
- Thinly slice half an apple
- Lie down and apply the mask to your face and upper chest followed by the apple slices
- Remove the apple slices and rinse the face mask off with lukewarm water
Honey and yoghurt help soften your skin while apple gives your skin a boost of vitamins A and C for a radiant complexion.
HOW TO SPOIL YOURSELF WITH A FACIAL MASSAGE
After removing your natural face mask, complete the final stage in your pampering evening. Follow this easy four-step facial massage and rejuvenate your skin while you sleep:
- Using gentle but firm pressure, smooth your favourite moisturiser over your face.
- Start from your nose, move up between your eyebrows, around your hairline and down the sides of your face.
- Keeping your face relaxed massage your forehead and temples in small circular motions using your two index fingers for about 30 seconds.
- Slowly stroke from down one side of your jaw to your chin and back up the other side. Repeat this five times
- Using one hand then the other, run your fingers from the base of your neck up to your chin. Repeat this five times
Watch our video below for more details on massage techniques using moisturiser.
Always read the label. Follow the directions for use.