CARE TIPS FOR SENSITIVE FACIAL SKIN
Sensitive facial skin is not uncommon, since the delicate facial skin is exposed so intensely to external influences. Face sensitivity varies from person to person, though generally it’s a vulnerable area. That’s why the right care and protection is especially important for your face.
- Make-up for sensitive skin: use foundations and concealers especially for your skin type.
- Use facial cleansing products which are particularly mild. It is best to use fluids or cleansing wipes specially developed for the sensitive skin on your face, such as NIVEA’s Daily Essentials Gentle Face Cleansing Wipes or NIVEA Sensitive Caring Micellar Water.
- Especially in winter, make sure you regularly apply face care products in the mornings and evenings. This will protect your face and prevent the skin from drying out.
- Use care products that are specially developed for sensitive skin. They keep your skin moist, strengthen its barriers and alleviate the symptoms of sensitive skin on your face.
- Protect your face from the sun: a day cream with a sun protection factor. If you are spending a day at the beach, it is essential to use sunscreen such as NIVEA Light Feel Daily Face Veil Sunscreen SPF30.
- Do not smoke, as this increases stress on your skin.
- Sensitive skin is susceptible to UV radiation. Apply sun protection every day. Use hats, sunnies and clothing to protect your skin. For areas such as the sensitive skin on your face, neck and upper chest area, you should go for sun protection factor 50, such as in NIVEA Moisturising Sunscreen Lotion SPF 50+.
SENSITIVE SKIN TIPS FOR YOUR BODY
The body’s skin can be sensitive for various reasons. Environmental factors such as cold or heat, as well as internal processes such as hormonal changes, are often linked to sensitive body skin.
- Avoid Exposing Your Skin to Water for Long Periods of Time: Take a shower instead of a bath, but no more than twice a day, for a maximum of 10 minutes, and preferably warm instead of hot.
- Use Skin-Friendly Products: Do not use regular soaps. Ideal products are mild, pH-neutral shower gels. And don’t rub too hard when drying yourself.
- Don’t Forget to Care for Your Skin: Always apply a cream after showering, such as NIVEA Rich Nourishing Body Lotion.
- Avoid Tight-Fitting Clothing: Avoid clothing made from scratchy materials. This leads to unnecessary skin irritation.
5 THINGS TO WATCH OUT FOR WHEN YOU SUFFER FROM SENSITIVE SKIN
It's impossible to avoid the weather, but it is possible to wrap up. When it's extremely cold and the wind is harsh it can exacerbate sensitive skin. Making sure to moisturise and cover up sensitive areas of your face if you can
2. Sun Damage:
Protecting our skin from the sun is crucial to managing sensitive skin. Making sure you use a high SPF and apply frequently especially to areas like the face can help manage your skin.
3. Lack of Moisture:
The air both outside and in our homes can strip our skin of valuable moisture. People with sensitive skin tend to retain less moisture and so moisturising throughout the day is beneficial
4. Over Cleansing:
Cleaning sensitive areas repeatedly in a short time period can strip the skin of moisture and reduce it's protective barrier. Don't over cleanse or over exfoliate!
Certain medicines can impact how your skin behaves, make sure to check with your doctor.
NIVEA PRODUCTS FOR SENSITIVE SKINCARE
Always read the label. Follow the directions for use.