Moisturisers, especially those with SPF and UVA/UVB filters, help to protect and replenish our skin from its daily duties and help us to keep a healthy, radiant glow.
The best moisturisers for sensitive skin will help to provide intensive soothing moisture to enrich skin’s natural glow without any common irritants, such as:
- Mineral Oils
CHOOSING THE BEST MOISTURISER FOR SENSITIVE SKIN
Finding a moisturiser that won’t irritate your sensitive skin can be tricky. Especially when the best way to do it is by a process of elimination.
Before you even start looking for a suitable moisturiser, your first point of call should be to get an accurate assessment of your skin type. It’s important to know the cause of your sensitive skin symptoms so you can make the best choices for your skin.
If you are concerned about your sensitive skin, it’s best to visit a qualified dermatologist. If you are experiencing irritation from specific moisturisers or other products, it’s important to find out why. Is it because of a particular allergy? Is it due to an underlying skin condition? Is it due to aspects of your lifestyle or diet? After a qualified professional has helped you to answer these questions you can begin your quest for the best moisturiser for your sensitive skin.
- NIVEA Pure & Natural Soothing Day Cream for Dry and Sensitive Skin is made with 95% of ingredients of natural origin. This soothing day cream is formulated with organic chamomile and organic argan oil which naturally and gently provide your sensitive skin with hydration and nourishment.
- NIVEA Pure & Natural Regenerating Night Face Cream is also made with 95% of ingredients of natural origin. It provides intensive 24-hour moisture and supports skin regeneration while you sleep. This regenerating night cream formula combines organic aloe vera and organic argan oil for natural moisturisation leaving your sensitive skin feeling naturally soft & smooth.
- Moisturising your sensitive skin on the rest of your body can also be a hassle. NIVEA Pure & Natural Body Lotion and NIVEA Pure & Natural Hand Cream act as powerful moisturisers that support the natural skin balance. Formulated with valuable argan oil these soothing hand and body creams help to reinforce the skin’s own protective barrier leaving it smooth and beautiful all day long.
- The more mature of us often have sensitive skin due to a reduced thickness of the dermis wall. While products like NIVEA Q10 Plus Anti-Wrinkle Energising Day Cream do wonders to reduce wrinkles and nourish sensitive skin, it’s entirely possible to have too much of a good thing. Apply your day creams or moisturisers with moderation to avoid over stimulating your skin.
INGREDIENTS THAT HELP MOISTURISE SENSITIVE SKIN
The best sensitive skin-friendly moisturisers contain natural, soothing ingredients. Some of the best natural ingredients for sensitive skin to look out for include:
- Panthenol, the precursor of vitamin B5. It strengthens the skin’s natural protective function and contributes to reducing moisture loss.
- Glycerin, a natural moisturiser for sensitive skin that supports natural moisture balance.
- Grape seed oil, which is rich in linoleic acid, is an important component of the natural, barrier-strengthening skin lipids.
- Chamomile, a natural anti-inflammatory ingredient can help to soothe irritated skin.
- Aloe Vera, a soothing, moisturising ingredient extracted from the succulent plant of the same name.
- Honey, is known for its antiseptic and antibacterial properties. As an antioxidant, honey can intercept free radicals. It also helps to draw moisture from the air and lock it into your skin. In sensitive skincare, honey helps to soothe and moisturise dry and red skin.
- Almond Oil is commonly used to soothe and treat dry, rough and irritated skin. Almond oil also contains a range of naturally occurring lipids and two essential fatty acids, which help to draw water into the skin and keep it moist, healthy and supple.
Always read the label. Follow the directions for use.