DEBUNKING NINE COMMON SKIN CARE MYTHS
1. YOU GET THE BEST SLEEP BEFORE MIDNIGHT
These usually take place in the first five hours after going to sleep, regardless of the time.
2. IT’S IMPOSSIBLE TO DRINK TOO MUCH WATER
A very rough recommendation is to drink around two – three litres a day. This may vary depending on your body weight and amount of activity.
3. SWEATING GIVES YOU A GREAT FIGURE
The water you lose during sport or in the sauna from sweating is immediately restored when you rehydrate.
4. UNDERARM SWEAT ALWAYS SMELLS BAD
5. SPOTS ON YOUR NAILS ARE CAUSED BY A LACK OF CALCIUM
6. SHAVING MAKES YOUR HAIR GROW BACK THICKER
7. BATHING FOR TOO LONG CAUSES DRY SKIN
In principle, this is true. But, not when you follow these basic rules:
- Keep the water temperature around 38 degrees
- Bathe for no more than 30 minutes
- Rehydrate your skin and apply a moisturising body lotion after each bath or showe
8. CHOCOLATE GIVES YOU PIMPLES
However, blocked pores, caused by your hormonal state, your skin type and your skin care, are the primarily cause of pimples.
9. CROSSING YOUR LEGS CAUSES VARICOSE VEINS
Vein disorders primarily occur due to genetic weaknesses in your connective tissue.
Always read the label. Follow the directions for use.