HELP FOR DARK CIRCLES UNDER THE EYES
HOW TO GET RID OF DARK CIRCLES UNDER EYES
ALMOND OIL - NATURE'S POWERFUL ANTIOXIDANT
HOW TO GET RID OF DARK CIRCLES
- Tannins in black tea reduce swelling and supply the skin with antioxidants: place two cool tea bags on your closed eyes for about 10 minutes. This should help reduce the swelling of dark circles under eyes.
- Almond oil massage for better circulation: Gently massage the skin around the eyes with a few drops of oil. Always work from the inside out.
- Cucumbers are a tried and tested method for getting rid of dark circles, because they are full of vitamins such as Vitamin C, and supply lots of moisture: place cooled slices of cucumber on your closed eyes.
- Rapid help from the fridge: Special eye gel masks are a slightly more expensive version. These are stored in the refrigerator and help to constrict the lymph vessels and blood vessels in the eye area.
- Natural medicine recommends Schüssler salts to fight dark circles under eyes, because they balance out the lack of minerals in the body.
EYE CREAM FOR DARK CIRCLES
Eye creams can be highly effective for helping to remove dark circles under eyes. These supply the skin with important ingredients that have a positive effect on the thin tissue under the eyes. To help with anti-ageing around the eyes, use Q10 Power Anti-Wrinkle + Firming Eye Cream, especially formulated with Q10 and Creatine. This formula, alongside the skin's own active ingredients, alleviates eye wrinkles and dark circles under eyes. Or for an eye cream for dark circles that will provide eyes with energy and vitality, try NIVEA Q10 Plus C Anti-Wrinkle + Energy Eye Cream.
Pat eye creams on gently; do not rub. Use the tip of your finger, patting from the inner corner of the eye to the outer edge.
CAN EXERCISE HELP?
CAUSES OF DARK CIRCLES UNDER EYES
REASONS FOR DARK CIRCLES AROUND THE EYES
- Our lifestyle is often a primary cause for the dark circles under eyes. Partying through the night, smoking or a glass of wine too many will result in a lack of oxygen in the blood.
- If you do not eat a balanced diet, you will often suffer a lack of vitamins and minerals: if your body lacks vitamin C, iron or zinc, the first signs of deficiency may be dark circles under eyes.
- Dark circles can also be caused by not using the right products for this area of sensitive skin, such as eye cream for dark circles.
- Dark circles can sometimes also have a medical cause. But don't worry! Speak to your GP about it on your next visit.
- Also, suffering from hayfever can be a leading cause of dark circles under eyes. Frequent rubbing irritates the sensitive skin and can exacerbate dark shadows under the eyes.
- Spending long hours staring at a computer is a great strain on the eyes and can also be a reason that dark circles form.
- Underlying psychological causes? Stress at work, worrying about exams, issues with anxiety can all be reasons for dark circles.
- Find out more about relaxation exercises, anti-stress tips and massage ideas for inner harmony here.
WHAT ARE DARK CIRCLES?
- Eye Strain
- Sun overexposure
DARK CIRCLES AND AGE
RAPID RESPONSE: DIMINISH DARK CIRCLES WITH TINTED CARE
MAKE YOUR DARK CIRCLES YOUR SECRET
Irrespective of whether you suffer from genetically inherited dark circles, or if you have simply had too little sleep, one way to help diminish visibility of dark circles under eyes is concealer. Concealer is available in stick form or as a thin cream. It should always be a shade lighter than your natural complexion or the make-up you use. As a rule, a small quantity is sufficient to hide dark circles. Eye cream for dark circles should always be used as well as concealer to help reduce the problem instead of only covering it.
Apply concealer either with a fine brush or with your fingertip right under the eye and smooth it in evenly. Blend carefully so that you cannot see the contrasting colours. Alternatively, you can use NIVEA Cellular Perfect Skin Eye Care with tinted micro pigments, lumicinol and magnolia extract daily. It immediately corrects darker areas under the eyes and dark circles, reduces puffiness, moisturises and refreshes the eye area and even smooths laughter lines.
DAY CARE ROUTINE FOR DARK CIRCLES
Always read the label. Follow the directions for use.