Micellar water like NIVEA Micellar Cleansing Water is a cleanser that contains micelles, these suspended surfactant molecules are hydrophilic and oilophilic meaning they attract water, oil and the dirt that comes with them. Which when combined with a cotton pad or wipe work to remove stubborn make up. The unique properties of micellar water mean that, depending on your skin type, it can be used as a facial wash, make-up remover and moisturiser. You might want to combine various moisturisers and facial washes to get the best results though.When you apply micellar water to a cotton pad, the micelles act like a magnet. They perform a triple function in a single wipe:
1. Clinging to the cotton pad
2. Collecting and removing all the pollutants and impurities from your skin
3. Replacing impurities with purified water and added hydrants
WHAT ARE MICELLES?
Micelles are virtually invisible concentrated molecules that are both ‘water-loving’ (hydrophilic) and ‘fat-loving’ (oleophilic). This means they can remove dirt which is water-soluble and fat-soluble because they are naturally attracted to oil and water based substances. Micelles envelop oil and wax based dirt particles within their existing oleophilic centre, so that they can be easily removed without the need to rub or cause irritation.
When used with cotton pads, which are also ‘water-loving’, the outer part of the micelle sticks to the cotton pad almost like a magnet, and in effect both sweep up dirt when paired together. Using Micellar Water causes this natural phenomenon which is used to remove make-up easily and quickly, while caring for the skin and eyelashes.
MICELLAR WATER for DIFFERENT SKIN TYPES
Micellar Water for Oily Skin
One of the best things for combating excess oil is to make sure you have a good skincare routine, to ensure you keep your skin is clean to prevent breakouts and to remove excess oil. However, you need to use gentle products that don't strip the skin of too much oil, as when the skin is dried out too much it may overcompensate by producing more oil. This is where micellar water comes in.
Our Oil Free Makeup Remover is perfect for those with oily skin! Try the NIVEA MicellAIR Oil Free Eye Makeup Remover gel, it gently swipes away even waterproof mascara and doesn't leave behind any oily residue!
Micellar Water for Combination Skin
Micellar Water for Sensitive Skin
Micellar water is powered by micelles, little molecules that attract oil, dirt and makeup from the skin leaving skin to breathe and avoiding residue that can irritate sensitive skin.
For sensitive skin it's best to use the micellar wipe or apply the micellar water to a cotton pad and wipe the pad across your face lifting off at the end to pull away any of the dirt or makeup from the day. You shouldn't need to rub or rinse, or use the sink because of NIVEA's specially formulated Micellar Water. This makes it easy when you need to cleanse outside of your home too!
Micellar Water for Dry Skin
Micellar Water not only works as a makeup remover, but also as a face cleanser for dry skin.
Dry skin needs specially formulated products, and NIVEA Daily Essentials Gentle Caring Micellar Cleansing Water is a perfect match for dry skin. Including it in your daily skincare routine will provide some needed moisture for your dry skin, leaving it feeling soothed.
Micellar Water for Normal Skin
Micellar Water and Acne
Cleaning your face first thing in the morning and last thing at night is crucial, even more so if you wear stubborn makeup or waterproof mascara. Fortunately, NIVEA MicellAIR Professional Micellar Water is perfect for facial cleansing, formulated with micellar and black tea extract to easily and gently remove makeup without irritation, taking care of sensitive skin.
Some face cleansers leave product residue behind that can block pores and trap dirt leading to spots, acne and blackheads forming. NIVEA's Micellar products are residue free, to prevent breakouts, perfect for acne prone skin.
BENEFITS OF MICELLAR WATER
No Rinsing Required
Gentle on Your Skin
Micellar water is perfect for all skin types. It has the properties of a toner, but unlike harsh soaps or alcohol-based solutions, it doesn’t:
- Strip your skin of its essential oils
- Upset the pH balance
- Dry it out
Time, Fuss and Space Saver
HOW TO USE MICELLAR WATER
- Select: Choose the right Micellar Water make-up remover for your skin type (dry, sensitive, normal).
- Wipe: Apply NIVEA Micellar Water to your cotton pad and wipe away the day’s make-up.
- Soothe: Feel the gentle toning and moisturising effect on your skin.
NIVEA MICELLAR WATER PRODUCTS
- Micellair Micellar Water Sensitive removes make-up effectively, cleanses gently & deeply and soothes & moisturises without leaving cleansing product residue on your skin.
- Discover the magical power of NIVEA Micellair SKIN BREATHE Micellar Water. This 3-in-1 make-up remover removes make-up effectively, cleanses gently & deeply and refreshes & hydrates without leaving cleansing product residue on your skin.
- Face wipes like NIVEA Micellar Wipes provide a great all-in-one solution for cleansing and make-up removal even for waterproof mascara. The micellar wipes get to work quickly, and their caring formula with Vitamin E leaves the skin feeling soft and hydrated.
- NIVEA MicellAIR Expert Make-Up Remover for long-lasting, waterproof make-up and mascara. No rubbing, no rinsing and no residues. For clean, healthy looking, beautiful skin.
Always read the label. Follow the directions for use.