Using face toner is simple and won’t add more than a minute to your existing process. Follow these five easy steps:
- Cleanse and rinse your face
- Pat your skin dry with a clean towel
- Dab a few drops of face toner on a cotton pad and apply evenly across your face – remembering to target problem areas, like your T-zone (forehead and nose) or chin
- Leave your face slightly damp - this allows your moisturiser to be more easily absorbed
- Always follow up your face toner with a quality moisturiser to re-hydrate your skin and protect it from damage
THE FOUR BENEFITS OF KNOWING HOW TO USE A FACE TONER
If you’re still on the fence about whether a face toner is right for you, consider these four core benefits:
Removes dirt and residue
Some cleansers can leave residue on your face – face toner removes that residue as well as any excess dirt.
Enhances moisture absorbance
Face toner leaves your skin clean and damp - this creates the perfect conditions for locking in moisture.
Restores natural pH levels
Cleansing can disturb your skin's natural pH balance - toner helps to even things out again.
May reduce or prevent acne
Toning helps remove excess levels of oil which is an ideal environment for acne.
WHAT TO LOOK FOR IN A FACE TONER
Whether you’ve got dry, oily, acne-prone, or sensitive skin, there’s a perfect toner type out there for you. Look out for these ingredients:
A face toner enriched with vitamin E, such as NIVEA’s Daily Essentials Refreshing Toner, will remove residue from the skin, while keeping it hydrated
Dull skin tone? Citrus extract will naturally help to brighten your skin
Always read the label. Follow the directions for use.