CELLULITE: HOW TO REDUCE CELLULITE FOR BEAUTIFUL, SMOOTH SKIN
Your diet alone won’t influence your predisposition to cellulite but following a well-balanced diet, full of vegetables, good protein and grains, can help to maintain a healthy level of fat cells in your body and reduce inflammation.
Staying hydrated by drinking a healthy amount of water and by consuming food with high contents of water, can help to keep your connective tissue strong and supple. Foods like cucumber, radishes, tomatoes, and celery are full of water and are great to incorporate into your diet where you can.
A regular exercise routine won’t cure cellulite, however it can help to strengthen muscles and skin, and reduce the appearance of cellulite. Cycling, jogging and the step machine are your allies on the route to better-looking skin – exercise not only tightens the muscles, it also smooths your skin.
Firming skincare products like NIVEA's Firming Body Lotion Q10 can also help to reduce the appearance of cellulite temporarily.
Coenzyme Q10 is a natural component of your skin, which actively works to keep it firm. However, levels of Q10 decrease with age. NIVEA's 4 in 1 Firming Body Oil uses the CoEnzyme Q10 to tighten skin and even skin tone with its fast absorbing formula and reduces the appearance of strechmarks.
HOW TO TIGHTEN SKIN – YOUR ACTION PLAN AGAINST CELLULITE
- Massages improve the circulation and stimulate the lymph flow. Massage the skin of your bum and legs with an exfoliating glove or a cellulite brush.
- Beware of varicose veins: before treating them you should speak with your GP.
- Taking an alkaline bath approximately once a week purifies and detoxifies the whole body. Add about four tablespoons of alkaline salt to your bathwater and take the time to enjoy the healing effect of the bath.
- Our skin is a reflection of our body. If we are healthy, it radiates from within. If you eat plenty of vitamins and a balanced diet – it is noticeable! Combat cellulite from within by eating foods that are low in salt. Salt absorbs water in the body, which results in bloated tissue. So, season your food with aromatic herbs instead.
- Vegetables rich in potassium such as broccoli, legumes and spinach also ensure that excess tissue fluid is flushed out.
- Shower alternately with cold and warm water. When you use cold water the vessels contract and then they expand in warm water. This promotes the circulation of blood and the tissue becomes firmer.
REGULAR EXERCISE – THE BEST WAY TO COMBAT CELLULITE
SMOOTH SKIN AND TIGHTER CURVES ON YOUR BUM AND LEGS
The appearance of cellulite can be alleviated with a few simple exercises – if you stick at them consistently. All you need is an exercise mat!
- Lie on your back and put your legs up.
- Bend both knees into a right angle leaving a hand’s width of space between them.
- Now lift your hips and stretch one leg out forwards.
- Count to ten slowly and then change legs.
- Just ten regular repetitions of this exercise every day will alter your figure and the appearance of your skin measurably.
DECLARE WAR ON CELLULITE – REGULAR EXERCISE RESULTS IN VISIBLE SUCCESS
Tighter upper thighs:
- Lie sideways on an exercise mat and bend the lower leg slightly.
- Now straighten the upper leg and lift it up whilst exhaling.
- Hold it briefly in the air and then lower it again whilst inhaling.
- Change sides after 20 repetitions.
Always read the label. Follow the directions for use.